BoxLock provided Project Management and Technical Services to Consolidated Nickel Mines, the owners and operators of Munali Nickel Mine in Zambia. BoxLock had staff on site in Zambia for almost a year and a half, managing site work by contractors to refurbish the existing plant and to install a new Dense Media Separator plant.
BoxLock produced and managed the site restart schedule, limited restart budget and assisted the local operations team with the ongoing operating budget forecasts. Following a successful construction phase, BoxLock staff continued on site to commission the plant, and undertake a round of process improvements and capital projects to further improve plant performance.
BoxLock identified several high risk areas on the plant and developed the design, justification and implementation plan for the Board to approve. BoxLock provided mentorship to the local operations Engineering department and assisted with Root Cause Failure Analysis exercises on breakdowns.
• Project Management
• Contractor Management
• Drawing Office Services - As built Process Flow Diagrams and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams
• Document Management - Equipment lists, asset lists, drawings and schedules
• Investor Relations
• Budget Control
• Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Purchasing Management
• Engineering Troubleshooting
• Process Improvement
• Capital Projects - identification, justification and implementation
• Engineering Design - Design of new tailings pipeline and pump station